A Clever Friend

Notice anything different? Thanks to my clever friend, Ali, I now have a beautiful blog! And also thanks to my clever friend I am learning how to beautify my blog all by myself. I feel so grown up. Keep your eye out and see what I can come up with thanks to my clever friends' tutoring.

My design wall is happy again. It has blocks on it to play with and isn't feeling lonely anymore. I decided to do a rail fence design for a baby quilt and didn't like the funky look I was getting at first and so I've finally decided to go with this stripy look. I love the look.
I've also been working on my machine quilting skills. They still need lots of work. It's difficult to see from faraway, but I know my mistakes. The quilting hasn't made the difference in the look I was hoping for. I like how I was able to put some trees in the background but I wonder if they are too much in the background. I just feel that something is missing. I seem to have that thought about a number of my projects. I do love the thread painting on the fairy's tree, that's my favorite part of this wall hanging.

I don't like how much purple paint I used. Those are my main lessons I've learned with this project. Now if I could just figure out why I'm not satisfied

Comments

Sabeys said…
Lisa, the quilting is so beyond me! I'm confounded! The blog background is so beautiful! It's so indicative of you!

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds