Bread Obsession Continues

The family was complaining that there was never enough bread when it came out of the oven and so I made two loaves this time. We demolished 1 1/4 loaves the first day and the rest on the second day. I took a few more photos of how the bread looks along the way, and I also tried a new sized corning ware pan; this one is oblong.
Here is what the dough looks like right after it is mixed together.

This is how it looks after about 12 hours of rising.
I let it raise a few more hours before I took it out.

Here is what it looked like before I put the lid on and stuck it in the oven.

And here it is fresh out of the oven. Yummy -
however, I think I should have baked it just a little longer.
And here are the two loaves cooling on the rack. Round on left and oval on right. Both were tasty, and crusty with a great crumb. They tasted just as good on the second day, AND they were fabulous toasted. I love toast!

One of the children wondered if I can make it without the flour on the crust
so I think I will try using cornmeal next time.
Also, my friend Juliette has offered to let me have some of her sour dough starter to try.
I will pick it up next week and and see if I can make it work!

Comments

*emilie* said…
12 hours of rising ? how come it takes so long ? i usually leave mine for about 3 hours... do tell !
also, good idea on the double batch, i guess i should do that too, while you're at it and the kitchen is covered in flour, why not ?!

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds