Birdie Sling


I work part time at a fun quilt shop: Whimsy Cottage.   Occasionally I work in the store but generally I send out the email newsletters, keep the website up to date (click on the words Whimsy Cottage and you will visit the website) and I also get to make fun samples like the Koala I made last week and this Amy Butler Birdie Sling Purse I finished up today. 
Whimsy is unique because Nancy, the owner, loves pure color and it shows in every part of the store.    I have enjoyed being allowed the freedom to explore color while working at Whimsy.  I have amazed myself as I have helped cutomers pick fabrics for their quilts.  I think it is easier to help others pick their fabrics but I am also much more confident with my own color choices.  I have grown as a quilter and an artist over the past few years and I attribute a lot of that growth to my associations with the owner, employees and customers at Whimsy.

Comments

Jane Babcock said…
I'll have to visit the shop. Thanks for making it easy to look at the website. You do a good job.

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Give Away Day