Brrrrr


Baby it's cold outside!
The current theme for my 12x12 group is "Cold" and I suppose today is an appropriate day for my "Cold" quilt to make it's debut because we had our first snowfall.  My yard is covered with about an inch of the beautiful stuff but it won't be there for long since it is warm enough that everything is melting already.

I had many ideas go through my head for Cold: cold turkey, cold shoulder, cold feet, snow, ice, icicles, and snowmen to name a few. I sketched out many of these ideas but when it came down to the wire this frosty face was the image I decided to go with. My son says it looks more like an image of warm than cold because of the big puffy coat.  However my thinking was more along the lines of a cold so frigid that even a big puffy coat will not keep you warm. A chill so cold that you don't want to open your eyes for fear of freezing your eyeballs. Perhaps I need to add more frosty bits (glitter perhaps?) along the scarf and face to better convey a more frosty image?

Comments

Joyce said…
That quilt is so pretty! Katie said to tell you that she really likes it.
Jennilyn said…
I love it like it is! Great theme, and execution!
Jane Babcock said…
I like to imagine warm as possible. Love it how it is.
Anonymous said…
I love it!!
Terina Dee said…
I'm freezing just looking at it.

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds