Hideaway Valley Retreat

 few things have gotten in the way of my posting about a great retreat I attended at the end of May so I am going to catch up today. I'm also going to attempt to post more often this summer and not worry about the posts being long and epic. I've noticed that I enjoy reading blogs that post everyday more than those that post irregularly like me. We'll see how that goes. ;-)

Hideaway Valley is a wonderful place off of Highway 89 in the middle of nothing - well I can't exactly say
"nothing" because there are some lovely ranches, and an occassional home out there.  The building is actually five or six homes that were built together under with a large common roof.  It is very difficult to explain.  Suffice it to say that it is a great place to hold a retreat!  There is a very large ballroom in one of the houses which includes a full kitchen and lots of restrooms.  We used the ballroom for sewing and eating some of our meals.
The home we stayed in had 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a laundry room and 2 sitting rooms UPstairs, one bedroom with a bath, 2 sitting rooms, full kitchen and dining room on the main level and three bedrooms with one bath downstairs.  It was sufficent for everyone who came to have their own bedroom.  And of course I forgot to take photos of the house we stayed in.

I was too busy sewing and then taking photos of everyone's projects.  Not to mention that I left my camera in the ballroom and I was too tired to walk back and get it in the evening.

This is one of the projects I made up as I went along while there.  I had a general plan and I like where I ended up - for the most part.
I also completed the top for this charity quilt, which has been sitting in the "to do" pile for 5 months.
And I made a number of produce bags which were promptly mailed off to my sister and her neighbor.  They were very excited when they received them.

On the last night some of the ladies had an intense "game" of putting together the puzzle. Hahaha
Of course the camera was back at the ballroom when we had our wild Hawaiian Night.  Ruth and Ruth looked lovely in their flower bikinis.

This is the commons area which connects all the houses, which houses a basketball court and pingpong table.  We ended up using it as a garage.  The room at the top of the stairs is the ballroom.
The door to the very left goes into the house where we stayed.
The front of the house we stayed in.
One of the beautiful views from our porch.
The other day one of my friends, who was also at the retreat, asked if I knew when we would be returning.  Despite the boring photos we all had a great time and we are looking forward to returning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds