Doing Our Best

 99.9% of the time  these days I can walk out into my driveway and get in to one of our two reliable cars.
There was a time in my married life when that wasn't true.  My husband and I managed to live and raise children for the first 20 years of our marriage with only one vehicle.  Now that we have two vehicles I often forget how we ever survived back then and when a car repair is needed or the insurance is due on one of these lovely old cars I wonder if we could go back to one vehicle.  It certainly was cheaper!  
Then I remind myself to be thankful for these affluent times and know that if we ever need to live with only one car or no car, for that matter, we would manage just fine because that is what we humans do.  We make the most of our lives with what we have and I am thankful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds