Eye Candy

40 Art Quilters from around the World
414 pages of sumptuous, beautiful, fascinating quilts
I've had this book for a couple of months now and have spent hours pouring over the beautiful quilts.  They are all so inspiring.  I want to be a fly on the wall of each quilter and see how they create such beauty - no not a fly because a fly can't ask questions, I'd rather be standing over their shoulder watching and then be like a 3 year old and ask as many questions as I could get away with: "Why did you chose that color scheme?  Why that process?  Why not this process?  What kind of paint do you use? What kind of fabric/batting/thread do you prefer? Do you keep a journal? Do you have a plan when you create?" Thankfully a number of these questions are answered in the brief commentary on each artist which does help to satisfy some of my curiosity.  I think I will be opening this book again and again when I feel the need for inspiration, or just want something beautiful to enjoy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Give Away Day