Reorganizing

Life has been so busy with the holidays that I haven't had the time I would like in my studio and so when I had a free evening I had to decide:  sew or clean up and reorganize?  I posted the options on Facebook and the overwhelming response was SEW!
But I just couldn't do it.  
I had to reorganize. 
There just comes a point sometimes when the creative juices cannot flow through the mess. I did resist the urge to tear the whole room apart, rearrange and reorganize. I cleared up the surfaces, put away things that had been piled here and there and then decided I needed a chalkboard, cork board and more organization containers.  (More about the chalkboard and cork board in another post)  Recently I read a great blog post on Art Camp for Women about how to make custom sized boxes to organize your art supplies.  I decided to try it out with my drawer of quilting threads.  They needed some reorganization anyway and it's hard to find boxes shallow enough for these wonderful map drawers.
Before:

And After:
Amazing!
I even organized them by color and a little bit by thread type as well.  This organizing really shows me what color threads I need to buy.
Next will be boxes for my sewing threads and then the markers, pens and pencils.

Comments

Lorri Flint said…
Lisa, I love how you used the boxes to organize your thread! Besides being organized, you can remove a box for use at a design wall or the sewing machine and slip it back in the drawer when you're done - clever! Lorri at Art Camp for Women

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds