Painting Practice

You know that feeling you get a few weeks before you're scheduled to teach something you haven't taught in a little while and you start to wonder if you remember how to do it, more or less teach it?
Yeah, me either.
I pulled out my paints and stencils today and started playing around on some fabric.
I found some Tulip Soft paint on clearance and thought I would give them a try.  The painting at the top with the spotted background was made with the Tulip paints. 
(Sorry about the poor color quality in the photos)
The bottom flower is painted with Jacquard Textile Paint.
Both paints painted nicely.

This flower was created free hand. 
I'm not sure how I feel about the polka dot background.
It reminds me of a reptile. 
The dandelion was traced from a Crafter's Workshop stencil. 
I really like the dandelion.
I will quilt both pieces and make them into journal covers which will serve as samples in my Painted Book Cover class next month.

Comments

Sylvia said…
Those will make lovely journal covers!
Chickpea said…
I love love love the bottom flower. Not that the top one is too shabby either!

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Give Away Day