The Artist

I flew east today to attend my sister's wedding later this week.  On the plane I met the most wonderful woman.  
Her name is Romig Streeter.
She is a potter.
She is also a wife and mother.
She has lived in Japan, Korea, India and many other places around the world.
She is going through a very difficult time right now as a caretaker for her husband, Tal, who suffered a stroke about a year and a half ago.  And despite her difficulties she was kind and encouraging and just wonderful to travel with.  We discussed our lives, our families lives and our art.  She was one of those people you instantly feel connected to.
I've been trying to find photos of her pottery online but haven't had much luck.  Her pottery was used in a book called Washoku as well as one called Kansha.
Her husband is a sculptor and kite maker and has written a few books about kite making. 
They are working on building a museum about her husband's work in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
I just feel so honored to have been able to meet her and talk with her today.
I want to be this active when I am in my seventies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Giveaway Day!