Happy Easter

One of my family's traditions is to make a lamb shaped pound cake for Easter.
There was a time when we bought these cakes from the local bakery but then one year Grandma bought a mold and a new tradition was born!
When my first child was born I inherited the mold and began a quest for the perfect Lamb Cake.  The pound cake recipe I had never quite worked - either too dry or didn't rise enough or fell apart.  Always something!  I have tried umpteen different recipes but every year I have had a different problem.
NOT THIS YEAR!
This year the only thing we have had to deal with is UGLY.
I can deal with ugly!
This years cake is moist, it stayed upright and tastes absolutely delicious!
I also found a fabulous frosting recipe - not too heavy, not too sweet.  Just YUM.
I've posted the recipes for the cake and frosting over on The Lewis Family Recipe Club blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Give Away Day