Taking Classes

I LOVE learning new skills and techniques.
When I read on Facebook or a blog about a retreat or conference I will wish I lived in that area so I could attend without the added expense of flying and a hotel and meals out, not to mention the time away from the kids and hubby.  So until I have endless funds and time I have been learning via the internet.  
There are so many wonderful classes available without the need to leave my home.
I have really come to like the classes that Craftsy has to offer!

I don't always complete the project along with the class but I love to watch and learn!  
I've taken Annette Kennedy's Painted Pictorial Quilts Class.  
Very interesting and she is so good about answering your questions!
painted pictorial quilts class at craftsy.com
I've also taken Ann Peterson's Beyond Basic Machine Quilting.  
Great tips and ideas to apply to my free motion quilting.
Online Quilting Class
Right now I'm in the middle of watching Jane Dunnewold's The Art of Cloth Dyeing.  
I've dyed fabric for years and even taught some basic dyeing classes and I still have learned some new things from this class!  Jane is a true expert in this field and I wish I had taken her class sooner!
Online Quilting Class

Recently I noticed a few other classes I would love to take on Craftsy:
Carol Ann Waugh's Fun Fiber Art with Stupendous Stitching.  Doesn't that sample look fabulous!
Online Stupendous Stitching Class

Shoot It! A product photography primer by Caro Sheridan.  I could really use some great ideas on getting better photos of my quilts for my blog and submissions to shows.

And lastly I'd love to take Angela Walter's Free Motion with Feathers class because I've been a little obsessed with learning to make the perfect free motion feather!  You really should follow the link and watch the video teaser for this one.  I really really want to learn to make feathers like that!

What kind of classes do you want to take?

Comments

Lynda said…
Lisa, I also love craftsy. I've taken Jane's and both of Carol Ann's classes and Malka's Fabric patterning with resist. Love the format. So much to learn and so little time!
Jennilyn said…
Lisa, could you please call my sister, Debs, or email her? Need some intervention/service help...

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds