Stenciling for A Change

I created a quilt top 
and realized that one of my main pieces blended in with the background! 
Ahhhhhhh!
  
So, do I pick apart the quilt and replace the fabric?
Appliqué another piece over the top?
OR I PAINT over the top using a stencil?
Of course I chose paint and stenciling!
I masked the area with paper and tape 
and then applied some textile paint through a flower stencil.
 Better!
 I masked another area and repeated the process.
And since one layer is never enough I added another layer of white.
I like the depth the stenciling created!
Hopefully I will be able to show off the entire project soon.
I finished the binding, label and hanging sleeve while on a road trip.
Wahoo for finished projects!
What have you finished lately?

Comments

Love your creative spirit Lisa! I always opt for paint too! Can't wait to see it all finished. I am working on a new fabric line or wrestling with it is probably a better word but I did finish my block for Quiltmaker's 100 blocks! Yeah for finishing some loose ends!
Unknown said…
Great and creative problem solving!! You go girl!!

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds