House Quilt in Process

It all started with a drawing that was too complex 
for the small quilt I wanted to make. . .
. . .I simplified. . .

And simplified

. . .and then created the main house fabric 
from a piece that didn't dye as dark as I wanted for another project 
(more on that one on Monday).
 I stenciled bricks in two colors . . .
 . . .And added some sparkly paint too.
 Then I Taped off the windows and door. . .
. . . And covered them in black. . .
 . . .I covered the black with a white pen.
The main house is done 
but because this quilt is for The House Quilt Project 
I still need to figure out where the flag will go. . .
. . .hanging from top . . .

. . . window. . .
. . .flying from top. . .
Where do you think the flag should go?

Comments

calauramom said…
i'm not a quilter or artistic so my opinion probably isn't so helpful -- but I kinda like it flying from the top.
jbcowley said…
I like it flying from the top!
Jeannie said…
If the tree is in the quilt, I'd say fly it from the top. It balances the tree. Here, everyone flies their flags on the right side of the door. I don't know if there is a "rule" or just custom. Love the brickwork.
Chickpea said…
I wish you could put it by the door, but flying on the top is the next best thing.
Lynda said…
I like it on the right side window - your second pic. Reminds me of a friend who hung his from his second story window.
Helen said…
I like the one with the flag on the right side rooftop balanced by the tree on the lower left.
Melly Testa said…
I like it hanging from the top in version 1. I like it that way because the area I live has row houses and this is what people do.
Sylvia said…
I like flags flying in the breeze!
Barbara said…
Flying from the top because it adds a bit of implied motion.
Susie Monday said…
Top window, It breaks up the symmetry and adds an unexpected element design wise

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Give Away Day