Journal Quilts

Two little journal quilts. . .
I was having a rough week and my friend suggested I make a quilt with a bag to put all my troubles but I decided I needed flowers.  I love flowers.  Flowers make me happy.
"There are always flowers for those who want to see them"
Henri Matisse

I pieced the background from scraps and then painted the flower on with FW Acrylic Inks. I then hand quilted the 6" square with black pearl cotton while I watched my daughter play volleyball.

My next journal quilt was made using citrasolv to transfer an image I created using a cut out from a newspaper photo and some words from the newspaper.
I'm calling it "the elephant in the room."
It is quilted on the machine using King Tut threads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Give Away Day