Let Freedom Ring

No, this isn't a political post, it's all about a quilt retreat.  Last week I attended the annual Spring Retreat for Pie Plates Patterns and the theme was "Let Freedom Ring."  

Sarah, Bonnie, Sylvia and Misty enjoying the retreat. 
This was the first year I attended as just a student.
I really enjoy teaching but it was fun being free to do my own thing the entire time.

My friend, Helen, behind Sylvia's quilts.
My main objective for the weekend was to get this Very Hungry Caterpillar top quilted.
When I got there and unpacked I discovered I'd forgotten my Machingers quilting gloves. I can't quilt without them!!!!  I was at least an hour from any quilting store, what was I to do?!?
Improvise.


My friend Sylvia gifted me a couple of knitted dishcloths as soon as I arrived and they turned out to be a good substitute for quilting gloves.  Woohoo!  Now I only need to bind it.


My other main objective was to get the wedding quilt for my son and his fiancee started.

I'm not a big fan of making the same block again and again.
This stack of cut squares was making me nervous when I first started.
But I succeeded in making three whole blocks.


I was very happy with these blocks.
I've succeeded in completing all but one border on the quilt top. 
I'll share the entire quilt once quilted.

During the retreat Bonnie and Brenda sent us all on a Goose Chase.
We had a great time running around Fountain Green and Manti finding all the clues in the treasure hunt.  Fun things like sheep,


Biggies in Manti,


And a worker at the Fish Hatchery.
 

Our group, The Dream Team.
We had a lot of laughs.

Comments

Sylvia said…
It was a fun retreat! One correction, it was Moroni, not Manti where we went to Biggies!
Lynda said…
Lisa, Thanks for sharing the retreat with us. Looks like a lot of fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds