Lined Pattern Stamp

I love figuring out creating repeating patterns which I plan to use in some of my fabric design.  Day 30 of Carve December brought me around to this design.


Despite it being a fairly simple design it took longer to carve than I anticipated.  It is a 3 1/2" square stamp and there is a lot of white space.  I started drawing the pattern on to the Eco Karve about 11:30 p.m.  

Of course I wasn't carving the entire time, I did get up to get a drink of water (or two or three), use the toilet, and feed the cats, but other than that, I was carving.  I decided I should take some shots and add the time to each photo to document how long it took to carve this stamp.

Perhaps you can see some eyeballs I drew on one of the shapes.  It looked like a cat peeking over the top!  But when I carved them in I didn't like it so they came out.  I thought the eyes took away from the pattern.
And finally just after 2 a.m. I had the design complete and starting stamping!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Give Away Day