Snow Dyeing

I am leaving for Craft Napa today to take classes from some great teachers!  One of the classes is Thunderstruck Star Improv taught by Victoria Findlay Wolfe.  I have always wanted to learn to make a Star Quilt and so I knew I had to take this class!  I decided I wanted to create the class project from my own dyed and printed fabrics.  I have brought a selection of indigo dyed fabrics, as well as some snow dyed fabrics I created the other night - or should I say morning?  It was about 3 a.m. when I started the process.

The snow was completely melted when I woke up later that day.
I liked the indigo blue. . .
. . .but not so much the hot pink and fire red.
So I over dyed it with fire red using a low water immersion.

I didn't get photos of the green ones but they didn't come out exactly as expected either.  It's all good.  I'm getting on a plan in about 7 hours and going to have a great time no matter what.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Giveaway Day!