Cove Fort

Here are some of my favorite things from our little trip to Cove Fort on President's Day. There are a few more pictures on the side bar and there is a little button where you can see captions of those photos.
This is one of my many photos of the entrance and exit to Cove Fort. I loved how you can see straight through to the back and the also see the trees inside. I read a tutorial about changing photos to black and white and then tinting them and I decided I had to give it a try. This was my attempt with a red tint. I tried blue, yellow, orange and turquoise but this red was my favorite.
I took this photo because I loved the crockery, and the 5 lb loaf pans. Oh! Is that a coffee grinder on the mantle? There were also a lot of beautiful dutch ovens on the ground. I'm not sure why I love this stuff so much!
I also love boxes and containers, and I had to get a close up of this sweet box. I don't know what it is for, but it looks like you could put a candle in it and it would glow.


I loved looking at this laundry area. I wouldn't want to work there, but it's fun to look at. I have seen a drying rack like the one on the wall but I can't remember where so I had to search and found one similar to it at this website, but I think this wall rack is pretty cool too.

I love this photo of my dear husband because it is genuine. He doesn't like to smile for photos and will make faces or try to look stoic and he has such a nice smile. I have very few of him with a real smile.

Here is another attempt at tinting a photo. I wanted it to look old, and then I noticed that I AM IN THE MIRROR with my camera! It kind of takes away from the time period. . .oh well.

The majority of the photos I took were of these three beautiful trees. I love the lines of the naked branches and the contrast of the wonderful blue sky above.

The curves of the branches are just breath taking!

And don't even get me started on the bark!

The deep lines. . .

and you can find fun shapes and spooky faces within the bark. . .

And the lava rock of the fort is really cool too! I took a number of shots of it but am only including this one.
I LOVED these handles on the main doors. The workmanship is beautiful!!!
Apparently the craftsman who made them lives near the fort and had come by the day before to share his experiences with the new Visitor Center President and his wife.
Look at how cool this lock is!
And sadly, I didn't get a picture of the best part of our trip - the Visitor Center President and his wife - Elder and Sister Baldwin. Elder Baldwin was a judge in Salt Lake City, and so of course my dear husband knew him. I can't take him anywhere and NOT find someone he knows! The Baldwins were the best guides a person could ask for. They are new to their calling at Cove Fort and are still learning some things but very enthusiastic and we found lots to discuss. Such a wonderful couple and I was very disappointed when I returned home and found I had not taken a picture of the two of them! I will have to write and ask Sister Baldwin to send me a picture and see if she tried the recipe for No Knead Bread I left with her!
Note: Sorry to those who receive my blog the minute it publishes because I accidentally hit some keys that published it before I had written anything! Sorry for the repeat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds