Mandala Doodle

I signed up for an online mini-class from Alisa Burke called Mandala Magic.  I've had a lot of fun going through her videos and learning more about how she creates her Mandalas.  Here is the first one I created:
After I drew the mandala I began seeing the dots as eyes and the little critters remind me of an anime character from My Neighbor Totoro.

For my second mandala I decided to draw it over the paint I rolled in my sketchbook while cleaning off my brayer during a Gelli® printing session.  I took photos along the way so I could share the process.  I'll let the photos tell the story:



The finished mandala:
And a little close up:

I believe I will be creating more in the future!

Comments

Lynda said…
Lisa, Love both but the one on fabric is fabulous! So glad you are having fun with this.
Deb Berkebile said…
Wow! I love this! I need to do some more doodling!

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Give Away Day