The Art Institute of Chicago

Took a little trip out to Chicago to see my sister and we had to go to The Art Institute of Chicago.  It is my sister's favorite place and I have not gone in many, many years. It was a delightful afternoon, which had to be cut short because we didn't realize they closed at 5 p.m.


Because of our short time available we made a plan to visit the Rodin exhibit, the impressionists, and a quilt exhibit!
Rodin's sculptures were amazing!



 The quilt exhibit was called: Making Memories: Quilts as Souvenirs






One of my favorite things about seeing paintings is being able to look up close to see the paint strokes.






I absolutely love Van Gogh


Look at all the colors in there!
And those short strokes of thick paint.
Yummy.










A very fun day with Sistah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Giveaway Day!