Sick of Mandalas Yet?

I'm starting to tire of creating mandalas but yet I can't seem to stop.
One night, before I fell asleep I had an idea of creating a mandala that was a birds nest seen from above with the branches and leaves coming out from below the nest. I thought it would be clever to use a spirograph design as the nest and then paint eggs over the top of it. I forgot to take a photo of the spirograph colored in as a nest. You can kind of see it under the white I painted on top (bottom right). I really hated it. I was going to toss the whole thing, but decided to give it another chance by painting  over the spirograph immediately.


I'm glad I gave it another chance.
I like the way this nest came out much better.

I have no idea what this one was supposed to be. I think I had sunshine in mind. After I colored it I thought it looked off. It took me a minute to realize I hadn't put any designs in the shapes!


I like this better.
More to look at, and more shading to add depth.



Flowers and Trees.

This looks more like divers or synchronized swimmers, than the snowflake I intended it to be.

A snowglobe? A plate? Who knows.

I like this set. The bottom one reminds me of The Great Wave Off Kanagawa, a famous Japanese woodblock print by Katsushika Hokusai. I think it's the colors (though mine are brighter) and the wavy bits. No boats or Mount Fuji in mine though. So maybe they really aren't anything alike. You decide.


An although I say I'm tired of mandalas I just keep drawing them.

Even on envelopes I plan to mail some day.
I think I might move on to drawing something else.
I want to do more blind contour faces.

Comments

Lisa said…
I love all your mandalas You should teach a mandala workshop!
Lynda said…
Lisa, Your mandalas continue to amaze me. Love, Love, Love them! Keep them coming.

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds