Not Much, How 'bout You?

I feel like I've been making some art, but when I look at my photos (which is how I know what to write in my blog), it looks like I haven't done much of anything. I'm still hand quilting my giant orange piece, but I don't take photos while I quilt.  I'm still playing around in my sketchbook, but a lot of what I've done are background pages. I started a map in my sketchbook and my obsessiveness has made it a bit more detailed than my original idea. I didn't like a number of parts so gesso'd over those parts and started over. Thus I don't have much to show in the way of photos. Hopefully it will be done soon.
Last week was Lunar New Year, 
or as my Chinese-Jamaican Mother-in-Law likes to call it:
"Chinese-Christmas-New Year."
We had to do some shopping for the holiday.
I love taking photos there.

Where else will you find awesome waving cats?


My Mother-in-law had her eye on the flowering artificial trees.
She kept saying they would last a lifetime, and at 83 years old I think she's right.

My MiL is attracted to all the shiny things.
The little trees wrapped in plastic will always get her attention.
For me, I have a rough time leaving behind the square tins.
I don't care what's in them I just like the tins.
There were so many pretty ones this year (not in this photo).


It was just good to be together to celebrate the Chinese-Christmas-New Year together.
Gong Hei Fat Choy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds