Done!

 My 100 days of Watercolor are complete. It's been a great learning experience and I know I need to learn a lot more in the future, but for now, this is done. Now I have a few other projects I need to get done within the next couple of weeks. More about that later. Here are the final pieces for my 100 day challenge.


90-98
I wanted to try faces from the very beginning of this challenge, but was a bit scared. I finally dipped my foot in by watercoloring one of the carved faces I created awhile ago. Then I worked up the courage to draw, and trace some faces and watercolor those. 

99
The photo of this face actually had more detail in the shaded side but I went with an all out block out. I did play with the black a little and I can see some of the lines I made finishing the size of the head, and nose. I started painting him in "normal" caucasian skin coloring and felt like the tones were off, however once I went a little wild with the warm colors I felt the tones were right on. I really like how vibrant this face is.


I played with the image a little bit and created some interesting repeats.



100 - I went very simple for my last watercolor because I was done.
Tired.

A little video clip of all the paintings. I think I need to make another video with the paintings separately, not just in the grids, but this will do for now.



I cleaned up my desk so I can work on my next projects.


I am teaching Itajime Shibori at Quilter's Holladay on June 14th so there is folding and dyeing to be done, as well as a slide presentation.  And then my collagraph class is winding up and I need to have my print done by June 3rd so it can be mounted and presented at a show on June 11th. The next couple of weeks will be a little crazy. 

Comments

Popular Posts