New Year, New Learning

 There was a big sale on classes through an online community called Domestika at the end of last year. There were several classes which intrigued me and so I bought them to help me continue my studies this year. Currently I am taking The Art of Sketching: Transform Your Doodles into Art by Mattias Adolfsson, an illustrator. I am loving his style because it is reminding me that I don't have to be a hyperrealistic artist to be an actual artist. All types of drawing are acceptable and wonderful!

Here are a few of the things I am drawing in his course.

I was shocked that my pens looks like pens. 
I don't know why, but for some reason I just didn't think they would look right.
It was a very exciting moment in my drawing journey.
Such simple drawings, but I like them.

Drawing the pen and pencil characters was a lot of fun.
I've always loved drawing faces so that part of the class was enjoyable
and I feel took them to a new level.

I used my Pitt Pens to add some color to the faces.

And since it is a new year, I took my illustration skills a bit further.

These are my self portraits. I always have a pair of glasses on my head. Often my sunglasses.

And this one expresses how I often feel. lol
I remember when I was much younger, thinking my art would always be "one hit wonders" because I didn't feel like I could ever do the same thing twice. At 60, I'm finally learning how to draw the same thing twice. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Give Away Day