The Printed Fabric Bee: Orange Circles

I'm very happy to be a part of The Printed Fabric Bee.
Our first Queen Bee, Lynn Krawczyk from Smudged Textile Studios, issued the challenge for each member to create a piece of fabric with the theme: Orange Circles.
I started the piece by silk screening Jacquard orange textile paint onto cotton pfd fabric. . . 
. . .  and then over dyeing the piece dutch chocolate brown.
I felt it needed more so I created a new resist of circles using glue on a silk screen and overprinted a couple times with a few mixed oranges and came up with this piece:
 Ta Da!
One person said it looked like roses, and I agree, but I also think it looks like lots of coffee cup rings, which is very appropriate for my coffee addicted loving friend, Lynn.
AND NOW for the most EXCITING PART 
of The Printed Fabric Bee. . .
A GIVEAWAY!
Each member of The Bee made an extra 6" piece of fabric to be given away!
That is right 
YOU 
could receive this packet of fabrics 
to pet and use!

Hop on over to our Facebook page or Lynn's blog 
to enter your name in the giveaway.  
The winner of this special packet of hand designed fabrics 
will be announced on November 11th.

To learn more about how each fabric was created visit my fellow Hive members:

Julie Bassechess Booth: http://www.threadbornblog.com/


Susan Purney Mark: http://susanpm.com/


If you created any orange circles of your own, please post them on our Facebook page.  If you posted your orange circles on your blog I would be happy to pin them to our Pinterest Board too, just send me the link!

Our November challenge is:

Blue Spirals

I hope you will join us and play along!

Comments

Looks fabulous and like a lot of fun. I am off to check out the others.
Thread Born said…
Hi Lisa- I've used glue as a resist...but have not heard of "new glue" resist...what is that? (if you don't mind me asking)-Julie
Jeannie said…
As you know, I just love the fabric you created. It has so much depth and interest. I also loved how different everyone's fabric evolved. So much fun to watch.

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Give Away Day