Spring Retreat

I just spent a very fun week with friends at the Super Spring Retreat put on by Pie Plate Patterns owners, Bonnie and Brenda Bailey. I spent a few days with my friend Sylvia and then we spent a few days at the retreat.  The retreat was held at a cosy place called Fairview Retreat.  

Thanks to such wonderful hostesses and no need to stop sewing to prepare meals I was able to get a lot of sewing done!  I made a number of headbands, covered 5 books (see this post), made 76 quarter circle blocks, a travel ironing board, 4 charity blocks, and finished quilting my Farm quilt.  I'll be posting photos of my farm quilt as well as the circle quilt soon.  In the meantime, here are a few photos of the fun I had.
Paula and Marilu chatting and sewing while Sandy (below) knits. 

Louise, LaVon and Kathy from my Farm Quilt class.

Marilu, Sandy and Sylvia in the breakfast nook.

New friends, Julie and Kathryn, sewing up a storm.

Bonnie Bailey working on a sample for Spring Market.

Wonderful Charlotte.

Marvelous Marilu during the Farm quilt class.

I think Kathryn got more accomplished than anyone at the retreat.
Do you like her headband?  Adorable, huh?  She made it from the pattern I taught at Midnight Madness, which actually started at 10 and was done by 10:30 because. . .well. . .we're old. 
This is Kathryn's quilt too.  
She made a simple quilt top first that she then cut apart using a special ruler to get this beautiful design.

Four of the five ladies who took my class with their first finished blocks.
They did a fabulous job and made some of the cutest blocks. 
I decided to demo the project using 40's reproduction prints and I love it.  I think it takes the quilt in a whole new direction.  I have to make more blocks like this for a whole new quilt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds