Catching Up

I've been a bit behind on some of my projects due to the business of summer and all but I have been able to catch up on my 12x12 Challenge Quilts.
Baseball:
When the word baseball was presented how could I NOT think about making something to do with the Cubbies.  I chose to find baseball cards of players I fondly remember from my youth such as Billy Williams, Ernie Banks, Fergie Jenkins, and Ryne Sandberg.  I then printed the cards onto muslin treated with BubbleJet 2000 and laid them out as if they were on my bed (with a Cubs comforter) being admired.
Change:
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world"
Ghandi
I painted onto a commercial fabric using Tsukineko all purpose inks.
and lastly. . .

Future:

"You are the only one who can change your future"
Dr. Seuss

The young lady is filled with drawings and words of her dreams and hopes for the future.  She is stepping forward into the cold world of her future but is prepared and willing to bring about her future. 

The young lady is a silhouette I drew onto pfd fabric and then filled using Sharpie pens, Setacolor fabric paints and The Crafters Workshop stencils. background was a batik to which I lightly added some quotes about the future using Citrasolv.  I also transferred the word "Future" with Citrasolv and then painted over it with black Setacolor for emphasis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds