I have emailed SimpleSew and hope that she will email me back right away with her address so I can mail out her beautiful prize of an ice dyed fat quarter and Quilt Scene Magazine!
I have been fascinated with maps for years and when I discovered map art I was hooked! With my month as Queen Bee, I decided to see what the hives take would be on the topic of Old World Maps. It has been a big challenge for everyone and I love what they have created! A few of the members are still working on theirs and they will be added as they become available. If you would like a chance at winning a 6x6" square of all 11 pieces then leave a comment below or on The Printed Fabric Bee blog . Comments will close on January 15th and a winner announced on the 16th! And then go stop by the other members blogs to see how they created their pieces. Lynda Heines Deborah Boschert Carol R. Eaton Jackie Lams Gerrie Congdon Lynn Krawczyk Julie Booth Leslie Jenison Judy Gula Jane Davila Susan Purney Mark
House Bill 60 in Utah allows adults 62 and over to audit any public university/college courses for just $25 a semester. The law was passed in 1977, and as a youngster of 22 working at the University of Utah, I remember hearing about the benefit for seniors and felt very excited to get older. Here we are, 40 years later and I've finally reached the ripe ol' age of 62. I signed up for my first class in Relief Printmaking. I am enjoying this class immensely. The professor, Justin Diggle , is a talented printmaker, and all of the students in class are wonderful artists. I'm humbled by their enthusiasm and skills. I didn't realize what I was missing out on by being at home working on my art. The class is teaching me new skills, and challenging me to grow as well. I look forward to more classes in the future. Some of the mark making work from the class My mark making/printing on top. Fish - experiments in mark making and printing So far we have worked on mark making, and c...
It's time for Sew Mama Sew's big giveaway again! This year EVERYONE is a winner on my blog because I have two giveaways. The first giveaway is a pdf pattern for EVERYBODY, and the other is for ONE very lucky winner. The first giveaway is my Garland Galore pattern . Click on the link to be taken to Craftsy where you will be able to download the pdf pattern for all three garland patterns for FREE . (You will need to sign up for Craftsy, which is free, if you are not already a member) The second half of the giveaway is a stack of 18 - 7" squares of beautiful fabrics and a package of binding so that you can create your own basic garland using my Garland Galore pattern . (Clarification: Some of the fabrics are 7" x 14" strips because I was too lazy to cut them) So EVERYONE is a winner today just by clicking the links to get your free pattern, and then leave a comment telling me what your favorite spring flower is below and you will be ent...