EQuilter.com

I took a little trip to Colorado last week with my daughter and while there I coordinated a visit with Luana Rubin, 
philanthropist, fabulous quilter and co-owner of equilter.com.
I got the full tour of the warehouse.
LOOK AT ALL THE BEAUTIFUL FABRICS!
Be still my heart!
I LOVE solids!!!!  There were more colors behind me too.  I guess I should have taken a panoramic photo to get it all in.  I wasn't thinking very clearly.  It must have been the smell of the fabric intoxicating me.  Part way in to the tour Luana had to tell me that it was okay to take photos. I had my camera in my hand the entire time but I was just soaking it all in.
Batiks!!!!
There were many, many rows of fabrics that I didn't photograph.  They carry full lines of fabrics. There were more Alexander Henry fabrics than I have ever seen in one place!  OH they were all so lovely!  EQuilter is a great place to check for fabrics after you hit your local quilt store.
They carry LOTS of beautiful threads too.  This was only one rack.
The map fabrics below were brand new in the warehouse.
I gawked and petted them for awhile.
Fabric and Maps. *sigh* Such a lovely combination!!!
I don't buy many commercial fabrics since I started dyeing and printing my own but these on my list as MUST buys.
As I said earlier, I was busy taking everything in while we chatted.  I took this lovely photo of Picard in Luana's studio but neglected to take anything more of the studio.  I was certain I had taken more but I guess I took them all with my brain! She has some very lovely Bernina machines and lots of space for creating.  She even has an area set up for filming videos.
Luana showed me some of her fashion/costume work.  They were gorgeous!!! (Sorry no pictures)
This little wall hanging is a piece Luana designed and had printed on fabric before quilting and beading.  It had just been returned from a show.
It was a delight to visit with Luana and learn more about her and her business.
I had just missed meeting her daughter, Sophie, and husband, Paul, so I will need to go back to meet them, take more photos of the shop and studio and maybe even meet her beautiful dogs, Ruby and Alfie.  I just love connecting with other quilters!

Comments

Wow! You must have been drooling during your tour!

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds