Fabric Shopping In Oakland

Do you believe this meme?


I do!

And when I travel is when I enjoy the hobby of collecting most. I love to visit local shops and see if I can find an unusual piece (or two) of fabric.  After Craft Napa, Libby Williamson and I stopped at a couple of wonderful shops in the bay area and I thought I would share what we found.
Our first stop was at A Verb for Keeping Warm.


Libby immediately fell in love with this indigo linen.
 The shop is filled with beautiful yarns and fabrics. 
They are big in to weaving and natural dyeing.






 They carry a lot of natural fabrics.



 I really enjoyed browsing, and wished I had more room in my suitcase. 
I purchased a lovely piece of linen which I hope to dye and stamp on.

 Our second stop was to Stone Mountain and Daughter Fabric.


 It is a HUGE store!
Two large rooms of every type of fabric.
 My favorite part was the giant wall of buttons!


I was also intrigued by the very long crazy quilt (I think it was a quilt) which hung up in the rafters. 
We had a lovely time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds