New Directions - Reno, NV

On my way to a family reunion I stopped in Reno to visit with Carol Soderlund. 
After a tour of her lovely new home we went to the Wilber D. May Museum to see a beautiful fiber exhibit called New Directions with work from artists Joan Dyer, Denise Oyama Miller, Sandra Poteet, Lin Schiffner, Linda Waddle, and Martha Wolfe.
Carol and I in front of Martha Wolfe's Ritsurin pieces.

There were many beautiful pieces at the show.




Santa Cruz: Hydranga, a bojagi piece by Martha Wolfe especially spoke to me.
I love the multiple layers.
I feel like bojagi can't be fully appreciated in photos.

 Streaming by Joan Dyer.



Waves by Joan Dyer



 Ritsurin Koi by Martha Wolfe

Blue Bell by Martha Wolfe

I'm so glad I got to go to the exhibit in person. 
Art is so much better in person!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds