Over Dyed Quilt

While participating in Jane Dunnewold's Art Cloth Mastery program we learned about the wonder and joys of over dyeing fabric. Over dyeing is as it sounds. Dye a fabric one color, and then after processing and a washing, dye it another color. There are many joyous surprises.

I took half of all of my sample strips and made blocks for a quilt.


It was only big enough for a large wall hanging, or baby quilt. I want a bed quilt.
More fabric needed to be made.
In my opinion, this border wasn't enough, visually, or size wise.

So more pieces were dyed,


And over dyed.


I will be cutting these 9"x WOF strips into blocks, and hoping I have enough. 
I should have done the math first, but I like living on the edge of uncertainty.
I can always dye more!

Comments

Sylvia said…
Yes, you can always dye more! One of these days I need get myself set up to dye again. It has been a crazy change of venue. Wish I could be there next week for the dye party.
Lynda said…
Lisa, Love this!! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.
sue said…
It is so exciting to see how the over dying changes the fabric. A very fun process to watch and I'm looking forward to seeing the finale.

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Giveaway Day!