SCC Makerspace

It's been a few years since I went to college. Things have changed in the umpteen years since I finally graduated. I found out from my friend, Judy Coates Perez, that Makerspaces are now a thing at colleges. And a wonderful thing they are. Sacramento City College has a fantastic Makerspace with all the great equipment! A beautiful space to create. Judy gave me the full tour (was so excited I forgot to take photos!) and afterwards I had a great visit with Judy and several students. It's was so fun to be around all that young energy.


 

From SCC's website: "The SCC Makerspace serves as a hub for innovation and collaboration, attracting those that wish to apply their skills in design, science, technology, arts & crafts, engineering, mathematics, medicine, physics, and more."

I'm so happy for the students at SCC to have Judy, as well as the other wonderful teachers, and all of the high tech equipment to create anything they can think of. It makes me wish I were in college again. If I lived in the area I would be taking classes just to have access to the Makerspace. They have 3-D printers, a wood shop, an electronics shop, a laser cutter, dye sublimation printers, banner printers and on and on! Judy has a small room for fiber arts with several sewing machines, as well as embroidery machines and a serger. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds