Ugly Box, Beautiful Pictures

The other day when I was at Juliette's house quilting she showed me her homemade light box. I was amazed that something so ugly could do such a wonderful job. So after a little research and finding some great instructions here I made one of my own:
I used a box I found in the hallway at the gym where my daughter is participating in volleyball camp. The white paper on the sides is velum paper I bought on clearance a couple of years ago. The only thing I had to buy today was the 68 cent piece of poster board in the middle. I know I have some poster board downstairs but I wasn't sure if I had white so I splurged.
And why would I care to have this 68 cent box? Because now I can take awesome professionalish photos like this:

Comments

Alan said…
Fantastic, aren't they? I've been using one for taking pictures of food.

Now to make one big enough to fit a cat in...
Anneliese said…
That's great. I've been in a studio that had a room like that. I've never thought of making one though. Maybe I'll have to try it out.
Jeannie said…
The box is a great idea, but not as cool as that watering can!!! I look forward to seeing the photos of the journals you made. Have a wonderful 4th!( The verification word is resse! Now I want a peanut butter cup!!!)

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Giveaway Day!