Last week I had the privilege of going to a Spring Quilt Retreat for four relaxing days. I stayed at my friend's house on the first day and I introduced them to the art of Zentangle.
House Bill 60 in Utah allows adults 62 and over to audit any public university/college courses for just $25 a semester. The law was passed in 1977, and as a youngster of 22 working at the University of Utah, I remember hearing about the benefit for seniors and felt very excited to get older. Here we are, 40 years later and I've finally reached the ripe ol' age of 62. I signed up for my first class in Relief Printmaking. I am enjoying this class immensely. The professor, Justin Diggle , is a talented printmaker, and all of the students in class are wonderful artists. I'm humbled by their enthusiasm and skills. I didn't realize what I was missing out on by being at home working on my art. The class is teaching me new skills, and challenging me to grow as well. I look forward to more classes in the future. Some of the mark making work from the class My mark making/printing on top. Fish - experiments in mark making and printing So far we have worked on mark making, and c...
I have been fascinated with maps for years and when I discovered map art I was hooked! With my month as Queen Bee, I decided to see what the hives take would be on the topic of Old World Maps. It has been a big challenge for everyone and I love what they have created! A few of the members are still working on theirs and they will be added as they become available. If you would like a chance at winning a 6x6" square of all 11 pieces then leave a comment below or on The Printed Fabric Bee blog . Comments will close on January 15th and a winner announced on the 16th! And then go stop by the other members blogs to see how they created their pieces. Lynda Heines Deborah Boschert Carol R. Eaton Jackie Lams Gerrie Congdon Lynn Krawczyk Julie Booth Leslie Jenison Judy Gula Jane Davila Susan Purney Mark
I am very excited to have been asked to help introduce my friend Lynn Krawczyk as Artistcellar's newest Signature Series Artist! I was given a set of her new stencils, Marked , to play with. I will also be giving away a set of this lovely stencil set! More on that later. I love playing with stencils and decided I would use Lynn's stencils to create mono-prints with my Gelli Plate, which I would then use to make ATC's (artist trading cards). However, before the paint even touched the stencils I used them to create a few masks. A little tracing, and a little cutting, gave me these fun pieces from her Tracks stencil. Oh wouldn't these make lovely railroad tracks, or zipper tracks?! Anyway, unfortunately once I get going with monoprinting I forget all about taking photos! I should have video taped myself! You can view a video I made of my multi-layer technique here. I don't bother cleaning my stencils inbetween creating th...
Comments