HMQS - Part 3

In the Urban Dictionary Fangirling is defined as:
v. 1. the reaction a fangirl has to any mention or sighting of the object of her "affection". These reactions include shortness of breath, fainting, highpitched noises, shaking, fierce head shaking as if in the midst of a seizure, wet panties, endless blog posts, etc. 
I'm not sure how I would react if I met a Hollywood celebrity but I do know that I Fangirl when I meet certain quilters!  A couple years ago I met David Taylor, at the Utah State Quilt Guild Quilt Festival.  He was teaching at HMQS this year.
He is a fantastic quilter and a fabulous man. I understand that his classes are very informative and entertaining.  I saw him setting up for his class at HMQS and pondered asking him to take a selfie with me but I restrained myself!  I bet he wouldn't have minded but sometimes a teacher just needs a moment to themselves. :D

A fellow quilter introduced me to Angela Walter's quilting books a few years ago and I have since fell in love with her style of quilting.  I aspire to quilt like her someday. I was thrilled to hear she would be at HMQS.  I attended her trunk show and loved seeing her beautiful work!  
boo

She had her quilts out on tables afterwards for inspection.  
They were all beautifully quilted.
I really didn't expect anything less.
 I introduced myself to her after the trunk show and asked if we could take a selfie together.  She was delighted to oblige and even took a second photo when the lighting was bad on the first one.  I was giddy to meet her and wished that I had had a few hours to visit and pick her brain about quilting.  One day I will take a class from her.
In the meantime I will just be excited to have the opportunity to learn from her books and say that I got to meet her in person.
What quilter would you fangirl over if you got to meet them in person?

Comments

Lisa said…
great photo! I would like to quilt like Angela too... someday...

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Give Away Day