Social Justice Sewing Academy

While I was in California, I took Sara Trail from the Social Justice Sewing Academy, some of the blocks she had sent me to hand embroider. She sent me back home with 20 more blocks. Hahaha

There was a quilt that needed the blocks hand embroidered ASAP because the exhibit where the quilt was going to hang was already in progress. I spent every day stitching on these wonderful blocks the children had put together. They are always so clever. Often they come with a note, such as this one, that helps me to know what direction the block is to go.


I do my best to fulfill their vision.

Once in a great while a little more needs to be added to fulfill their vision. . .

. . . because the kids don't always have time to finish.

A few other blocks. I forgot to get photos of them all.


I love creating hairstyles on all the figures.

The kids always inspire me to do my best.
They asked for the rectangle to look like a land acknowledgment, and I really enjoyed making marks that looked like words. I think it's even more poignant to the idea of "empty words" since the agreement cannot be read.


If you are interested in finding out more about the Social Justice Sewing Academy please visit their websiteIf you would like to support SJSA in any way, visit this page to find out what is needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds