I'm a Madness

 I made a very quick trip up to Portland, Oregon, last month to attend Art and Soul's 20th Anniversary retreat. It was wonderful to see everyone and be able to take a class too.

Libby Williamson, me, Jill Berry, and Liz Kettle

There are always lots of great treats around with Libby and Michelle Banton.
(And one might say that Libby ad Michelle are treat all by themselves. Too corny???)

And of course we are never short on bright ideas!

I took a one day class on making Altered Books from Renee Richetts. 
Our books started off with a Little Golden Book. Mine was called "I am a Reindeer."

It has taken a few weeks of off and on work to complete my book.  Here's a video of the finished book and then some close up photos for further inspection. You can also click this link to see the video on my YouTube channel.




I wasn't sure what to do about the original author and illustrator's name, so I left them and added: Altered By: Lisa Chin. Seems right to give the original author/illustrator proper credit. I honestly don't know the rules/laws with altered books. Maybe one of you know?

Welcome to my magical adventure.


Dressed up and ready to go; Swinging from vines, fish and pockets of surprises.

Experience Incredible Biking.
I think this might be my favorite page. I really enjoy painting octopus tentacles. 

Discover, splash and play.
It's always fun to play with skeletons.
I am mad.

Amazing adventure and inclusion.
We're explorers.



Escape to get outside.
I'm a wild kid.
I'm young at heart.
I'm a reindeer!


And We ARE Amazing.



Amazing Adventure, the flowery back cover.

The book isn't a masterpiece but it is a fun inspiration to do more altered books.
(The binding is a Fabric Tape by Tim Holtz.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds