Murder in the Garden - part 2

I printed my blocks at Saltgrass Printmaker studio with the help of Stefanie Dykes.
First things first, a sample print on paper.


And then a bunch of prints on my hand dyed fabric.

I only had one block carved when I went in the first time so we used it to make a whole cloth print.


I was printing on my own when I went back to the studio to print the rest of the blocks, 
so of course I forgot to take photos.
When I decided to make a large art quilt with the blocks I realized I didn't have enough blocks. I ended up printing more blocks at home using Speedball Fabric printing ink and a hand brayer. They turned out okay. I was pleasantly surprised.


Part 3: Putting it together

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Quilt National

Autumn is for the Birds