Murder in the Garden - Part 4

 Deciding on the right colors of perle cotton is usually one of the hardest parts.

Sometimes it's just best to try a complimentary color and go for it. 


After stitching this flower, I decided I should get everything down by quilting going around all of the hexagons. Of course, my sister's cat, Ellla, was there to help me through every stitch.

After consulting with my friend, Liz Kettle, I was grateful I didn't have too many shades of gray to use on my Murder of Crows. The shades of blue made for a much more interesting crows. After all the glossiness of a crows feathers are usually a purply-blue. My crows are everything from Turquoise to Cornflower.

I always love stopping and having a look at how the stitching is looking on the back.




Gratuitous cat supervision photos:






I miss this little face. She is now back at home with her mommy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Quilt National

Autumn is for the Birds