Murder in the Garden - Part 5

 Despite having drawers full of mostly Wonderfil Eleganza perle cotton, I found I needed more thread. Most of my perle cotton is an 8 wt, or 12 wt but I wanted some 5 wt (a little heavier) too as well as some other colors in the 8wt. I put in a large order with Wonderfil and waited for the gloriousness to arrive. 


Every night I sat in my recliner and stitched until my hands gave up. The numbness of my carpel tunnel could sometimes be miserable.





Buzz, buzz.

I knew the deadline for entering at Quilt National would be coming up quick so I decided to put a binding on the quilt before I was finished stitching. Everything was quilted down at this point, but I still had a lot of flowers, French knots and other details to add. My thought was that even if I couldn't finish up all those tiny details the quilt would be done "enough" to photograph and submit. 




Now with the binding complete I could finish all the embroidery work without worrying it wouldn't be done by the entry deadline. As it turned out, I actually finished the quilt almost a month before the deadline!

Part 6: Professional Photos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Quilt National

Autumn is for the Birds