Cupcakes!


Nothing better on a Sunday evening than cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Yum. I LOVE frosting!

My daughter made cupcakes to take to a potluck dinner and asked that I make the frosting.  I've had so-so results with my frostings and am always looking at new recipes.  I decided it was time to give my friend Jamie a call.  Jamie is an expert cake maker.  She made all the cup cakes for my daughter's graduation party.


It turns out that the chocolate frosting recipe she likes best is one she's tweaked from the back of the Hershey's Cocoa!

We made it and it was fabulous!

I didn't follow Jamie's suggestions to the letter but the frosting was successful and everyone is happy.  I used the larger amount of cocoa and next time I may tone that down just a bit but it was still fabulous.

1/2 cup butter, softened
3 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 to 2/3 Cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk (I used evaporated milk)

Beat it all up starting with the lesser amount of milk and adding as you need more for consistency.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds