A Great Weekend

 We drove to Reno this past weekend.
I watched a LOT of volleyball while my daughter played.
 My daughter and her team took first in their division!
We ate a lot of good food, but I still watched what I ate.
My weigh in today will tell how good I was at figuring it all out.
(WOW, I lost 7 lbs this week!  That brings me to 40 lbs total!!!  I guess I did great at figuring out all the food.  And the ton of walking we did was very helpful too, I'm sure!)
We took a side trip up to Lake Tahoe for some fun in the sun.
 I haven't been to Lake Tahoe since my Mom died 10 1/2 years ago.  Mom lived in South Lake Tahoe, CA, and we loved visiting her there.  Being there brought back many bitter sweet memories.
 The perfect weather was very helpful, and the water, though cold, was delightful.
The gentleman who was renting these paddle boards allowed all the girls to give it a try.  No one fell in the water, thankfully, and they had a great time!
The water was crystal clear, making it hard to tell that my feet are underwater in this photo below.
It was wonderful to stick my feet in the sand and enjoy the refreshing water.
My daughter and I had a great time, with great friends (they got tired of me taking their photo) and we made a lot of wonderful new memories.

Now it's back to business.

Comments

Rayna said…
Ha - Tahoe in December was freezing! Guess they really have the extremes there. Congrats on losing 7 lbs in one week: what's your secret?

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Giveaway Day!