Artistic Artifacts

Last week, while I was in DC, I stopped at Artistic Artifacts.  Artistic Artifacts is a quilt/mixed media shop and it was HEAVENLY!  I got there a little late in the day and really didn't have the time to inspect everything closely.  I know I will be returning when I am in the DC area. Let me give you a little tour of the shop: 

 ^^^ Panorama shot from the front of the shop.
 Beautiful batiks.
Gorgeous papers.

I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy some of Seth Apter's stamps.

I don't know if the sewing machines are for sale or just for show but I LOVE them!

Lots and lots of beautiful paints.
I bought a nice selection to try out.

^^^These cigar boxes remind me of my grandfather.

Folding yardsticks!

 Lovely vintage photos to include in your art work.
 LOTS and LOTS of Tjaps for batiking or enjoying.

And a great big wall of stencils.
And this is just a small part of the shop.  I didn't take photos of the wall of beautiful fabrics, the racks of vintage papers, game pieces, game boards, threads, dyed linens and so much more!
If you are ever in the DC area make sure you make time to travel the short distance to Alexandria and see Artistic Artifacts.  If you don't have a car, you can take the Blue line on the Metro to the Van Dorn St. stop and walk the 3/4 of a mile down Eisenhower Avenue to the shop, which is what I did!

Comments

Thank you Lisa for coming to visit us at Artistic Artifacts!!
Lynda said…
Oh, Lisa, I want to go there!!

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds