Art and Soul Portland - Part One

This was my first trip to Portland and I loved the view of Oregon out the window as we flew in.

I didn't realize Portland was so far from the mountains!
During Opening Night at Art and Soul, I taught a make and take. 
The ladies used my hand carved stamps, Gelli plates, and Artistic Artifacts Fluid Textile Paint to create their own wristlets to carry supplies in.


Teresa created a lovely design we both loved.
Lara decided to use the plate and stamps to decorate her tote bag too.

Roxie found some faces which she felt represented her 
and her friends to commemorate their time at the retreat.
Ruth Chandler invited me to join her classes (and schlep stuff about for her since she was going to have back surgery the following week). I eagerly agreed to help!
The first class was from her book "Modern Hand Stitching
and we were creating a stitch sampler book.


These beautiful trays of Wonderfil Threads  make me drool.


In the second class we used fabrics and stitching to create fabric collages.



I was bouncing around a lot and am still working on both of my projects.
I will finish them eventually.
The stitching is so relaxing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Give Away Day