Hand quilting and Embroidery

Liz and Ruth introduced me to Wonderfil threads.



I have had a good time using them in all my hand stitching, and even some machine stitching too. I can't show the machine stitched piece for another year though!  I will have to make more I can show. I am enjoying doing big stitch hand quilting with them in my Thunderstruck quilt I started last year in Victoria Findlay Wolfe's class at Craft Napa.
I love the texture the big stitches and thicker thread give to the quilt.


I have also been using the thread in the pieces I am embroidering for the 
Social Justice Sewing Academy. 


The kids who are putting these blocks together are amazing!  They really come up with great ideas.

My job is to get it all stitched down so it can be pieced into quilts and machine quilted.
You can find out more about their program at this link.
And then maybe volunteer to help embroider a block or five.

Comments

Lynda said…
Lisa, Those threads are beautiful!! What a great project! Good to see you blogging again!

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds