Magazine Articles and Gratuitous Cat Photos

Keiko and I have been working hard. . .


 . . . And sometimes hardly working. . .

 . . .because when it's winter, sometimes you just need to stop and watch some Paul Hollywood.


 The icicles keep getting longer. . .
 . . .and longer.

 Pretty soon they might be growing from the ground up!
 Brrrr
 But seriously, I am working, I just can't show you what it is yet!  I have an article coming up in Quilting Arts magazine on creating carved stamp repeats.
I'm looking forward to the warmth as well as the article being done.

The worst part of this article is that they want a photo of me and my studio.
That meant I had to CLEAN UP the studio, AND take a shower. Just kidding, I do shower regularly, sometimes. But seriously, I'm not a fan of taking photos of myself.

First off, my face does not like make up anymore. My eyes tear up whenever anything gets near them.  It's okay to have a bare face on a day to day basis but I like to look nice in photos. 
I could take photos using snapchat filters:
Oh my!  Some of those look a bit too natural!  Oh well, I guess I have to take naked photos.  Okay, get your mind out of the gutter - I mean I don't wear make up - I have a naked face.  So now the question is, do I wear my glasses or not? Do I pose with the cat or not?  
Eventually I found one I thought worked and sent it in.
I just can't remember which it was!
It might not even be one of these.
I guess we will have to wait and see in the June/July issue of QA to see which one it is!

Comments

Lynda said…
Lisa, So looking forward to your article in QA. And I love all of those "regular" pics of you!

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Autumn is for the Birds

Giveaway Day!