Star Quilt

FYI: In an attempt to catch up the blog with the last year AND stay up to date, I'll be attempting two short posts a week. One that will show what I am currently working on, and one that will be back dated. Hope it doesn't confuse anyone too much (myself included!)

A few years ago I took a class from Victoria Findlay Wolfe called Thunderstruck. One of my bucket list quilts was to make a star quilt, so of course I jumped on the chance to take this class at Craft Napa. Victoria taught how to piece Y-seams, and she made them so easy! I only finished a fourth of the quilt at Craft Napa. After putting it aside for months, I finally finished the piecing. The best part was that Victoria's instructions were so easy to follow that finishing the piecing was a breeze. I then set to hand quilting it with 12 weight thread from Wonderfil. This took a lot longer than it should as it kept getting put aside. I found it in a pile during quarantine and determined to finish it!

Some of the lines were lined up with tape, others by folding the fabric and stitching along the crease, while others just made their way as best they could. It all depended on my mood at the moment.

I love the way it looks on the back. Don't you love quilt backs?!
After all that quilting, I worked hard to make sure I had a precise binding. 
I love Wonderclips for jobs like this.

And - TA DA! It's finally done! It felt so good to finish this UFO.
I'm almost afraid to wash it. I might have to fix some stitching if I didn't knot it well enough!

And speaking of laundry,
Mister thinks I washed this fabric, and set it on the table just for him.
He is just one of the reasons there was so much fur on my quilt in the close ups!
Sigh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds