And the Stitch goes On

And the Stitch goes on. . . 
-think Sonny & Cher - 
hope I just passed along that little ear worm. 
You're welcome.

Swirly, twirly winds stitched in to the sky


And now, The Hands...

One Hand


Two Hands


Three Hands


Five Hands
Sometimes I know how to count. Each hand was traced with a chalk pencil then stitched using a basic outline stitch. These stitches go all the way through all three layers. 
The back side so far.

And although it is a basic stitch, each hand took a little over an hour to outline. It doesn't help that my carpel tunnel has been creating a lot of pain and numbness in my own hands. 
Next it is time to fill in the back ground!

I'm also dyeing more fabric for another project.


I always have at least three projects going at one time 
so I can bounce from one to the other when I get bored. 
How do you work?

Comments

This is a very successful piece on all levels, color, balance, eye movement, subject matter......a winner here!

Popular posts from this blog

Gelli Plate Tutorial with Leaves

Giveaway Day!

Autumn is for the Birds